Friday, September 25, 2009

A clean slate and a fine line.

Yesterday, while making a g-mail account, I erased my old blog. At first, I didn't really care. It had been a few weeks since I last posted, and weeks more, before that. I was not expecting to start a new blog to replace it but I started thinking about why I stopped, or slowed bloging.

A few months ago I noticed that a few of the on line modeling sites that I use to find some of the nude models that Aya and I shoot with, had started to, well, suck. I looked around and found some newer modeling sites and signed up to try them out. I noticed that the more I signed up to, the less attention I would give to any. I wasn't achieving the feeling of being part of the community, that I did in the early days of OMP (onemodelplace.com) or flickr.

As newer social networking sites emerge, I also feel drawn to them. Fueled by my fear of being left out, or not hanging out with the "cool kids".

I am very happy with my off line community. I have an amazing wife, good friends, and really great parents on the other side of the Williamsburg Bridge. I do miss the on line connections and communities the used to feed me so well. Hell, I met my wife Aya through her blog.

So, my plan is to focus my output on fewer places: this blog, flickr, and Aya and my websites. and for the models, just OMP and Model Mayhem.

I'll give these a shot for a while, then see how I like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment