Monday, September 28, 2009

Beau


Today felt so similar to yesterday, and the day before. The normal chores, appointments, and general things to do. Side by side with Aya, we had a rare argument from a misunderstanding, but nothing felt out of place or strange. The morning was sunny and cool, beautiful.

Tonight, when Aya and I got home, she went to her computer, and I to mine. I was looking through some e-mails when I heard her say "Oh my god", the dark and scary kind. She was on flickr, and saw that our downstairs neighbor posted some shots of Beau, saying "goodbye, my friend."

She had just googled beau's name and found a slue of posts speaking about beau's life and stating in fact that he is no more.

Aya and I went downstairs and sat in front of The Arm, on the bench where we saw Beau last, just a few days ago. So sad, I felt so sad. I was not good friends with him, ant most, close acquaintances. But I feel his absence, and I miss all those times that I will never bump in to him again. He was one of those rare people who always left me smiling and energized.

Beau Velasco, I am sorry you have gone, but I am glad to have known you.
Farewell,

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment